Tuesday, March 27, 2012

With Thine Mussels I Shall Love You Forever..

It wasn't Valentine's Day, it wasn't our anniversary, it wasn't my birthday, or any other special occasion. It was a typical, average Wednesday when my boyfriend came home and said "Let's Go Out To Eat" Oooooh!?!

I get so excited when this happens (well, depending on who, what, when, and WHERE) and this time, he said three words: "baker street bistro" Gasp.

Now I honestly can't rave about this place enough. It is a quaint french bistro around the corner from our apartment. Walking into this small, French run and owned bistro, you feel as if you have been immediately transplanted into the heart of France. I have a serious love for Europe and its food, so this place takes my breath and way and calls to me "Sit...why don't you stay awhile.."

It was a quiet, rainy Wednesday evening and we sat by the window in a cozy corner table. Immediately asking for the wine list, we ordered a DELICIOUS Voignier (attention: pronounced vee-yoh-N'YAY). Given that my boyfriend lived in France for a year playing hockey, we have had the luxury of  spending time in REAL french bistros when I visited him, and i'm telling you this one hits the nail on the head. So what if the woman who helps run the place didn't come to us for awhile, isn't that how the Europeans do it? Why rush this? I was enjoying it, he was enjoying it. I had nowhere to go.

It is times like these, when I can't help but feel my heart pulse and engage in all that is around me. His arm around me, her accent, the taste of the wine, isn't this what it feels like to live? I would sure say so! The "joie de vivre "

In case you ever get the chance to visit, here is what we ordered:
  • Assiette Charcutiere  (Pate de campagne, dry saucisson, smoked duck breast, garlic sausage, cornichons & onions)
  • Moules Provencale (Mussels, white wine, shallots, parsley, tomato & pesto) with French Fries
  • Saumon Roti, Beurre Blanc a l"orange Puree de Carottes aux Gingembre & Epinards (Roasted salmon, orange white wine butter sauce, mashed carrots & ginger, sauteed spinach)

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment